The company has activities in more than 150 countries with 76 B€ revenues in 2013.
- Main challenges
BMW decided to build its own Private Cloud in order to:
- Optimise its costs
- Standardise its IT services, including a self-service portal
- Be rapid, elastic and automated in the provisioning and delivery of services
- What did we solve?
Devoteam implemented and delivered an Orchestration Engine for 100% automated provisioning & de-provisioning of the Private Cloud IT Services.
We also implemented a significant part of the Cloud Lifecycle Management solution for BMW's Private Cloud and advised the company in the design of Private Cloud architecture & processes, operations management and the integration into BMW ITSM environments
- Key benefits for the customer
- Reduced delivery time from weeks to hours (max. 4 hours for complex services)
- Expected 10% - 35% cost reduction for service delivery
- Optimised utilization of existing infrastructure
- Zero downtime of service portal & service delivery
- Error-free service delivery because of 100% automated service provisioning
- Elasticity & automated cost back charging (enabling on demand services)