- Main challenges
Our client operates on all continents with expertise in a range of industry sectors and a solid reputation for mergers & acquisitions. It sits in the Top 10 both in the UK and worldwide.
Like most law firms it depends on a number of critical business applications dedicated to the Legal sector. Reliable operation of these across time zones contributes to the effectiveness of the overall practice. Its IT worldwide plays a critical role with the firm relying on its expertise to resolve issues quickly. A number of issues stood out:
- obtaining reporting metrics (e.g., Service Level Agreements, ageing tickets reports) across multiple service desks was proving difficult due to the different tools, processes and response times in place;
- a variety of helpdesks across the globe working independently of each other was inhibiting an efficient service and was thought to affect business productivity;
- management of IT assets held globally was difficult without standard record-keeping.
The client saw a need to operate on a single platform worldwide as well as provide better information about its IT operation. This would only be achieved by bringing all data together and unifying processes so that service level agreements (SLAs) could be met.
- What did we solve?
“I would like to thank Devoteam who have been amazing. I would happily work with them again.” Group Change Manager at client
An assessment of services examined their impact on the business and unearthed a requirement to support the most commonly adopted ITIL v2 disciplines, of incident, problem, service level, and change management; combined with the ITIL v3 service catalogue management process, and asset and configuration management.
Noting the importance of applying this standard the client selected ServiceNow’s leading ITIL-based ITSM solution, which offers IT management over the Internet through the Software as a Service (SaaS) model with a forms-based workflow system for IT service automation, resource management and shared services. Other compelling features for our client include ease of use, functional integration across the ITIL suite, constant availability, comprehensive reporting and asset management.
In its role as overall project manager, ServiceNow UK immediately engaged Devoteam, over its other partners, to undertake the implementation in recognition of our renowned international expertise in service management.
In six weeks, Devoteam built a fully working solution for use by offices in the UK, South Africa, Australia and Canada. Australia and South Africa went into production first with Canada and the UK following soon after.
- Main benefits
ServiceNow proved ideal for the client in a number of ways:
- 27% increase in the number of incidents resolved first time
- consolidation of disparate service tools brought a more joined-up and efficient approach to internal customer service;
- simplified and clear reporting;
- costly integrations between countries was avoided;
- shared knowledge of solutions to incidents and problems across continents;
- tighter management of assets;
- IT operating costs were reduced by 15%.
Mandeep Rajput, Engagement Manager at ServiceNow, commented: “Devoteam has been fantastic on this project. I look forward to working with them on other engagements over the coming weeks and months.”